Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 December 2018
December 2018 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,
and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father,
full of grace and truth. John 1:14
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
This past month has been an Ecclesiastes 3 month with a time for every matter under heaven.
- A Time to Speak: Stan has begun a four-part Advent Series in the run up to Christmas (celebrated here on Jan. 7th) looking at each of the four Songs surrounding Jesus’s birth found in the opening chapters of the Gospel of Luke.
- A Time to Die: We grieve with one of our members, whose mother passed away, in rather short order from first diagnosis and at a relatively young age (late 50’s). However, we do not grieve as those without hope, for she willingly heard the gospel and kept a Bible by her side in her very last days. May the rest of the family embrace the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- A Time to Gather: The Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Shoeboxes have arrived! We expect to hand out approx. 2000 boxes. Please pray for the many details to be worked out in the next two weeks regarding where and when the outreach will take place, and pray especially for the children/families receiving these tokens of God’s love. May these packages be instrumental in encouraging families to come to know The Greatest Gift of all.
- A Time to Build Up: We made a very quick trip to the US to help Stan’s mother as the possibility mentioned in last month’s newsletter became a reality. We were able to help her with some practical matters as well as be a brightening influence to her both spiritually and emotionally. Please pray for us all as we desire to move her to Montenegro in Summer 2019.
- A Time to Laugh: Here in Nikšić we are looking forward to some very joyous occasions in 2019 with not just one, but two weddings to celebrate (including our daughter’s), as well as the anticipated arrival a baby in mid-summer adding to our number! Rejoice with us in giving thanks for God’s abundant goodness to us.
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for all the holiday outreaches: That as we meet up with others whether formally at church, through the Christmas Shoebox outreach, or socially at slavas (Patron Saint Day celebrations) and other holiday events, pray that we would use the advantage to speak winsomely of Christ and the reason for the season. Oh, may God open people's eyes, ears and hearts to see, hear, and embrace His Son.
- Please pray for Rafaella. As of this writing, she does not yet have the funding she needs to stay in Montenegro long-term. Please pray that God would provide for her what is needed, when it is needed. She remains joyful and hopeful, knowing that God is working all things for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
As the year draws to a close, we want to say how very much encouraged we are by the love and support shown to us through you all. Thank you for the notes and cards, for short emails and longer updates, for faithful prayers, and for the finances to do what we do. We are both humbled and blessed to be surrounded by so great a cloud of modern-day witnesses. To God be the Glory!
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Note: If you'd like to join our team of financial supporters or adjust the gift you already give, here’s how:
If you live in the U.S., you may mail checks made out to: Mission to Montenegro with appropriate memo and addressed to:
Faith Community Church
Attn: Mission to Montenegro
723 South D Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
website: Faith Community Church Homepage
If you live outside the U.S. do get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will give you bank transfer information.
Thank you for your support! Soli Deo gloria!
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2018/12/december-2018-mission-to-montenegro.html