Welcome to Montenegro
This website describes the mission work of Faith Community Church
Click here to expand latest newsletter
- Population: 677 000
- Elevation: 0 - 8000 ft (0 - 2400 m)
- Topography: mostly mountainous
- Primary language: Montenegrin
- Ethnicity: 60% Montenegrin, 30% Serbian, 7% Albanian
- Religion: One of the most unevangelised countries in all of Europe
- Economy: Tourism, mining, metalwork, tobacco, grapes, olives, lumber milling
Christianity in Montenegro
Montenegro is one of the least evangelized countries in Europe and has the fewest Christians per population
in all of Europe. There are only four Biblical church works in the whole country. Most people have never heard
the Gospel. Click here for more information about the Orthodox church.
That is why we are here. We want Montenegrins to hear the Gospel. We want God to be glorified in Montenegro.
We want to see many real Christian churches throughout the land.
We rejoice to be preaching the Gospel, and we rejoice that God is starting to convert sinners to Christ and to
raise up churches. This is just the beginning - look through this site to see what God is doing and how you can
be a part of God's work here in Montenegro.
Facts about Niksic
- Demographics: Niksic is a run-down industrial city surrounded by mountains. Around the central part of
the city are residential neighborhoods and then villages and small farms.
- Ministry: We are the only Protestant group in the city. There is a poorly attended main Serbian Orthodox church
in town (200 people on a typical Sunday), and a small number of smaller churches on the periphery.
Many claim to be Eastern Orthodox but only for cultural reasons; they
have no idea what the Eastern Orthodox church is or teaches. Yet they imbibe the Serbian Orthodox propaganda and
call us a sect.
If you would like to contact us, please click here to send an e-mail,
or click here to sign up for our regular e-mail news letter.
Page last updated: January 22 2016