Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 December 2012
December 2012 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
The Lord has made bare His holy arm in the eyes of all the nations;
And all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God. Is. 52:10
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
- After more than a two year wait, Stan was finally re-granted Montenegrin citizenship (lost after the break-up of the former Yugoslavia). This is great news because not only does it ease our ability to stay here long term, but it is a positive good in that Stan is a Montenegrin pastor (the only one in Montenegro) and this will be attractive to some.
- We are expecting to distribute 5000 Christmas Shoeboxes this season. This is a big job for our small fellowship, and others in the Niksic community help out. Please pray for Stan and Danijel as they are responsible for the decisions and overseeing the practical logistics (which are many!) as well as for the presentation of the gospel during the program.
- The evangelistic outreaches to students via conversation club, guest lecturers, bible study, camps, and more continue to bear fruit as new students are joining in these activities on their own initiative. Praise God for His increased activity amongst the high school and university students.
- It has been a busier-than-usual month of pastoral care with the birth of healthy TWINS to the V. family, the loss of a beloved grandma in another family, and the sad tidings of a terminal illness in yet another. Additionally, we have been blessed to see one woman eagerly coming again to our Sunday meetings after a year-long hiatus.
- The Christmas season is always exceptionally busy for us because we have two Christmases, two birthdays, two Slavas (Saints Days), and New Year's (the big holiday here--this is when presents are exchanged) to celebrate PLUS distributing the Christmas packages and spending time with family, neighbors, and friends. Many families here celebrate their family's saint day (Slava) which varies and is an automatic day off work/school--that is how central they are to the local culture. It is always an honor and opportunity to be asked, so we go when invited.
- Our sons Josiah and Christian, both university students, will be joining us for two-three weeks while on Christmas break. Sadly, our daughters Anna Marie and Amy are not able to come because of work/cost/time. Please pray for them especially, and for us all that we would cherish the good things the Lord has done for us as we remember Him this Christmastide.
- Our daughter, Milijana, is finishing up the last of her university applications; however, the prayer continues for the Lord's hand in directing where she will be studying next fall, Deo Volente.
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
PS. Thanks to all the dear Ladies who send us birthday and other note cards. It would be great if an email contact could also be included in them because then we could thank you immediately.
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
- Praise God for the granting of Stan's citizenship. Pray that this privilege will be used to further the gospel even more.
- Praise God for the kind generousity of our fellow saints in providing these Christmas Shoeboxes. Pray for the families that receive them, that they would long to know the God who is the giver of all blessings.
- Praise God for the growing work amongst university and high school students. Pray that they would take to heart the Truth and turn from darkness to light.
- Praise for the safe arrival and good health of mother and sons in the V. family. Pray for those who have recently lost and expect to lose loved ones.
- Praise for Christmas vacations and sons returning home! Pray that we would all stay in good health and enjoy our limited time to the max.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2012/12/december-2012-mission-to-montenegro.html