Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 October 2018
October 2018 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
Praise the Lord, all nations!
Extol him, all peoples!
For great is his steadfast love toward us,
and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord!
May grace and peace be multiplied to you!
Yes, great is His steadfast love toward us! We rejoice in the privilege to share that love here in Montenegro. Here are a few highlights from the past month:
- We are back in the full swing of everyday activities (as opposed to the many special events during summer). Stan finished his (4 years in the making!) series through the Gospel of Luke with an excellent review of the Good News found in Luke, focusing on that book's unique themes and passages as well as how it continues to speak to us today. Also, both our monthly Ladies’ meeting and University student bible studies are underway; there have been new faces this fall, let us pray for more!
- We were delighted to meet Rafaella and her pastor, both from Brazil. With a God-given desire and call to serve in Montenegro, she came to visit and see for herself the needs (and realities) of serving here. She is currently beginning language studies while in Serbia for the next few months, prayerfully seeking the best way to come to Montenegro as she desires to be a tent-making missionary.
- Stan participated in the first Southeast Europe GC meet-up held in Albania earlier this month. Out of the 40 or so attendees, a full 30 were Albanian pastors. Praise be to God! What a blessing as Albania was declared the world’s first atheist state, totally closed to the gospel, a mere 30 years ago. Oh, may the Lord be pleased to pour out His spirit here in Montenegro!
|Southeast Europe TGC Meeting (Albania)
- Please pray for the Lord to bless His people here in Niksic and in Montenegro, that we might reflect His radiance and glory in a dark land. Please pray for steadfast faith, for increasing sanctification, and much joy.
- Please pray for the Lord to send more workers to Montenegro to share the gospel and make disciples. We see a direct connection between the hundreds of missionaries pouring into Albania (a country bordering Montenegro!) when it finally opened its doors to the outside world thirty years ago and those 30+ Albanian pastors at the above-mentioned meet-up just one generation later. Please pray for the current missionaries (especially us!) and all those the Lord is drawing, particularly Rafaella who recently visited as well as James, a young man prayerfully considering it. Truly, the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.
- Please pray for the Lord to stir the hearts of His people (yours?) to support our Mission to Montenegro work here in Niksic, both prayerfully and materially. Even as the global economy ticks up, giving is down. Oh, may ever more of God’s people invest in His worldwide work! We are humbly grateful for how the Lord has provided, yet there is so much more good that could be done!
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing partnership and tangible support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
We are extremely thankful for those individuals and churches who support this work through prayer, encouragement, and material giving. If you'd like to join our team of financial supporters or adjust the gift you already give, here’s how:
If you live in the U.S., you may mail checks made out to: Mission to Montenegro with appropriate memo and addressed to:
Faith Community Church
Attn: Mission to Montenegro
723 South D Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
website: Faith Community Church Home Page
If you live outside the U.S. do get in touch (email@example.com) and we will give you bank transfer information.
Thank you for your support! To God be the glory!
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2018/10/october-2018-mission-to-montenegro.html