Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 23 September 2017
September 2017 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. II Peter 3:9
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
Our assumption that with the busy summer camp season past us, ministry and life would slow down to its "normal" routine was quite misguided! Here are a few highlights from the past month:
- The privilege of proclaiming of God's Word here in Nikšić every Sunday continues for which we are most thankful. Stan is currently preaching through Luke 18 in the morning and the Book of Esther in the evening. In Esther we see God's amazing providence and greatness, not through the working of miracles, but through everyday life (insomnia, for example!), accomplishing *all* His good purposes.
- We hosted a record number of guests (apart from teams) these past four weeks-- from the US, the UK, Greece, Holland, and more--some for a meal, some needing a place to stay for a night, some for a week. We barely fit under the shade of the grapevines for our last Fellowship Lunch!
- In presenting the gospel in a relationship-based culture, it is important to cultivate and build those relationships, both within the church and without. Thus, along with the typical ministry activities of preparing sermons, counseling, visitation, mentoring, and midweek meetings--all of which center around fellow believers---we are participating in several new opportunities to get to know people within the wider Nikšić community.
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests
- Please pray for the Holy Spirit to illumine the minds and hearts of those who hear God's word for the natural man does not understand these things. And please pray for Stan and the other young men given opportunities to preach, that they would be faithful and wise in their teaching and preaching. And, let's pray that God add mightily to His church here in Nikšić and in Montenegro.
- Please pray for the EUS Student work which begins in earnest at the end of this month as the university students begin their classes: for favor with the university and student council leaders, for students to participate in the offerings, for the local EUS leadership team to be wise in planning, preparing, and following-up students through weekly meetings as well as one-on-one bible studies.
- Please pray for a dedicated worker/couple to establish and lead an ongoing children's ministry. We no longer just have babies but little people! It was quite heartwarming when a set of twin boys eagerly requested their favorite worship song (not the same one, of course!) at a recent evening service.
- Please pray for special wisdom and maturity amongst for the church leaders here in MNE because there are always needs and issues arising amongst the believers (and when one part of the body hurts, the whole body hurts). May God grant grace and wisdom to all for both the giving and receiving of godly counsel.
Special Mention Prayer Request:
As always, we wish to express our great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God. However, the financial administrator of our monetary support has informed us that contributions to Mission to Montenegro are noticeably underfunded this year to date.
Our vision is simple: That Christ be preached through all of Montenegro beginning with a biblical local church in Nikšić.
We are extremely grateful for all those individuals and churches who've supported the work thus far and if you'd like to join our team of financial supporters or adjust the gift you already give, please read past our signature.
One with you in Christ,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Note: If you desire to give monetarily, whether for ongoing support or as a special offering, here’s how:
If you live in the U.S., you may mail checks made out to: Mission to Montenegro with appropriate memo and addressed to:
Faith Community Church
Attn: Mission to Montenegro
723 South D Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
website: Faith Community Church
If you live outside the U.S. do get in touch (email@example.com) and we will give you bank transfer information.
Thank you for your support! To God be the glory!
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2017/09/september-2017-mission-to-montenegro.html