Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 19 August 2015
August 2015 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
And for His wonderful works to the children of men!
For He satisfies the longing soul,
And fills the hungry soul with goodness. Ps. 107:8,9
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
August is always a transitional month between the high-energy outreaches of summer and the rhythm and routines of fall. The coming-and-goings of short-termers is replaced with the coming-and-goings of believers on vacations; ours will be at the end of this month.
- Stan continues to preach Lord's Day mornings from the gospel of Luke, currently in chapter 7. This week's evening sermon wraps up the book of Habakkuk which has been a great encouragement to all on the reality that The just shall live by his faith. (Hab. 2:4b) in all times, places, and circumstances because of God's glorious sovereignty, justice, and mercy.
- The first draft of the new proposed law on religion and religious freedom in Montenegro has just been released and is open for public comment until mid-September. There are definite issues that the evangelical church will want to address. Stan has made a request for an appointment with the appropriate government minister; we are currently awaiting a reply.
- Every week we continue to have a number of families with young children, and one young couple is expecting their first baby very soon, so we expect to see this trend increase. We thank God for this first generation of Montenegrin children who can say "I grew up in a Christian home." Soli Deo Gloria!
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for a fruitful meeting with the Minister of Human Rights, that the new law would prove favorable to the growth of God's church here in Montenegro.
- It is increasingly apparent that suitable facilities, geared to the growing number of current (and potential!) families, are a pressing need. Please pray and consider your part in providing the prayer and material support for a church building that the work may be furthered here in Nikšić for God's glory.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Praise and Prayer Bulletin Points:
- Praise God for His infallible Word which is food for our souls. Pray for the ongoing ministry of the Word as Stan faithfully prepares each week and for those who will take the pulpit while we are away for a week.
- Praise God that we were informed in a timely manner about the new proposed religion law while we still have an opportunity to air our concerns and suggestions. Please pray that the meeting would be scheduled soon and that Stan would wisely and engagingly discuss the issues.
- Praise God for the blessing of children and the growing number in our own fellowship. Pray for the families as they seek to raise their children in a manner pleasing to God even when counter to culture. Please pray for God's provision of a full-time gifted individual to oversee ministry to the children.
- Praise God that our church facilities have served us so well and for so long. Please pray that He, through His people, would provide larger facilities, suited to the needs of our growing congregation with space for a nursery and sunday school.
- Praise for the evident hand of God on this summer's outreach activities amongst both the leaders and the students. Pray for lasting fruit in the lives of the young people who heard the gospel with gladness-that they would continue in the way of truth even when the going gets hard. And for those believers who are prayerfully considering returning for a longer (one-to-two years) period of ministry.
- Praise God for His strengthening during the busy summer months. Please pray for our rest and recovery, and particularly Vicki's health as she is currently experiencing a slow, fitful recovery from shingles.
Note: It has come to our attention that we've never specified in the newsletter how to give monetarily, whether for ongoing support or as a special offering for new facilities. If you live in the U.S., you may mail checks made out to: Mission to Montenegro with appropriate memo and addressed to:
Faith Community Church
Attn: Mission to Montenegro
723 South D Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
website: Faith Community Church
(If you live outside the U.S. do get it touch and we will give you bank transfer information.)
All funds are accounted for and overseen by the elders at Faith Community Church and receipts are issued. 100% of funds go to the expenses of the ministry in Montenegro-nothing goes to "administrative surcharges."
Thank you for your support!
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2015/08/august-2015-mission-to-montenegro.html