Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 July 2019
July 2019 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
For the word of the Lord is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
The Lord loves righteousness and justice;
the earth is full of his unfailing love. Ps. 33:1, 4&5
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
This has been a happy time for us this past month! God has blessed us abundantly.
- In early July, the local student work, EUS CG, was officially recognized and accepted into the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students at the IFES World Assembly 2019 held in South Africa. Please pray that God would continue to work among the university students, bringing many to faith by the saving work of our Lord Jesus Christ.
|Danijel Petkovski at the IFES World Assembly
- In the spirit of Acts. 14:27*, we have visited several churches over the past few weeks, with one still to go, giving an update on the growing Nikšić church, the proposed changes to the religion law, and current prayer requests. As always, we come away much refreshed because you all are the best! *On arriving there, they gathered the church together and reported all that God had done through them and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles.
- The absolute highlight of the past month has been celebrating the marriage of our youngest daughter. With friends and family gathered together, we witnessed Milijana and Sean exchange solemn vows of commitment and faithfulness; we are so glad and grateful to see the next generation rising up, building their marriage on the firm foundation of love rooted in Christ.
|The Happy Couple
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for the men (Peter, Danijel, Nemanja, and Rade) who are leading the church and its services in our absence; for their faithful handling of God's word, for hearers that hear and respond to Truth, for love and unity amongst all.
- Please pray for Camp Monty: The camp volunteers are all arriving this week for the start of Camp next week. Pray for continued health of the participants, good weather, meaningful talks, and changed hearts. Soli Deo Gloria!
- Please pray for us as we seek to help Stan's mother make the best decision regarding her current (unsustainable) living situation and take the necessary steps to ensure that happens--all before we return to Montenegro mid-August.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2019/07/july-2019-mission-to-montenegro.html