Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 July 2018
July 2018 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you,
that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
If we walk in the light, as he is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. I John 1:5,7
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
Our summer ministry season certainly highlights the above truths! We are busy, busy, busy proclaiming the message, walking in the light, and enjoying fellowship with one another, all because of the blood of Jesus. Amen and Amen!
- Stan is glad to be back in the pulpit here in Niksic. In our morning services, he's been in Luke 23, covering Jesus's arrest and trial before both the religious and civic leaders. This travesty of justice is in complete accordance with the will of the Father (even as Pilate handed over Jesus to "the will of the people") for "When the days drew near for him to be taken up, Jesus set his face to go to Jerusalem with the certain knowledge that The Son of Man is about to be delivered into the hands of men. Luke 9:51,44 What love Christ has shown for us!
- The UCCF/EUS Student English Camp two-week outreach wrapped up last week. We very much appreciate the faithful service and commitment of the students (and leaders) to share gospel truths from both Scripture and their lives. They brought good encouragement to young believers and penetrating (biblical) discussions to those not walking in the light. Excitingly, a number of the UCCF team members have expressed the desire to come back, whether over Christmas holidays with OCC package distribution, or for a month, or even a summer. Please pray for continued fruit to bear in the lives of the saved and unsaved from this camp.
|UCCF/EUS CG English Camp 2018
- Stan was present and gave input at a public Round Table Meeting on proposed laws regarding Homosexual issues in light of Montenegro's desired entrance into the EU. Please pray for the government's leaders to be wise with a wisdom from above. He is able!
- We will very much miss Rebekka who finished up two (2!) years of ministry here in Niksic and is now back in Denmark. Although primarily involved in reaching out and discipling young women, she was also an active member of our fellowship and our chief keyboard pianist. Happily, this was not a final good-bye as she has plans to visit us here again!
|Fellowship and Good-bye Lunch for Rebekka
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for Stan's preparations and faithful preaching of God's Word in season and out for faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
- Please pray for the young people who attended the Student English Camp outreach, for renewed hearts and a commitment to grow in the faith and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Please pray that God will bless all the events of the upcoming Camp Monty Sports Camp which begins July 23. Upwards of 300 children participate in the various day camp activities. Please pray for the leaders to rightly point children to a living relationship with the Living God. And, for the first time, in conjunction with some of the Camp Monty women volunteers, we will be having a Ladies' Outreach evening on Weds. the 25th. Exciting times ahead!
- Lastly, the regular ministry continues on with preaching and teaching, ongoing mentoring, our midweek prayer meeting and fellowship, an active hospitality ministry, and our visitations in the community. Please pray for all these good works, and especially for the growing need of a dedicated children's worker. And, may we ask that you pray for us in particular, as we are seeking to meet the needs of an aging (stateside) family member.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and tangible support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2018/07/july-2018-mission-to-montenegro.html