Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 18 July 2014
July 2014 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
|The Foundation of all we do
are the riches of the glory of this mystery,
which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching
everyone with all wisdom, that we may
present everyone mature in Christ. Col. 1:27, 28
Grace and peace to you from God our Father:
- Praise God for another great English Student Camp for university students which was held at the beginning of July. The highlight of highlights of this camp (as always) centered on the good teaching and follow-up discussions from the Bible study which this year looked at the Epistle to the Colossians with the theme: Living Your Life to the Fullest in Christ. Praise God that several students joined us for Sunday Worship following the camp and one young person confessed her desire to follow Christ.
- The Camp Monty Sports Camp kicks off this coming week, and while targeting young people ages 10-18, reaches many, many more in this community. We are delighted that many helpers from previous years are back again this year, building on the foundation laid in previous camps. We are especially excited to have a newly translated tract in Montenegrin from John Piper's Desiring God materials for the campers this year thanks to a returning team member.
- The In-house Preaching Seminar continues weekly with the aim of equipping young men to preach and lead, and this month Rade and Nemanja will each be preaching a sermon in the evening service.
Upcoming Ministry and Family News:
- This summer season of "comings and goings" continues as we added a new Dane to the household this past week. The purpose of all this hospitality is both to encourage one another to good works and to reach out to those around us, being Christ's witness and disciples.
- We are just in the beginning stages of planning the next All-Montenegro Believer's Meeting because this is our year as a fellowship to host it.
- Reminder: We are planning to take a short, 6-8 week, furlough this coming late fall/early winter. Our desire is to be in California in time to celebrate Thanksgiving with all the family, then reconnect with friends and supporters in early December through early January. If you would like us to visit, please contact Stan ASAP as we are beginning to cement dates on our calendar.
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
- Praise God for a terrific English Student Outreach camp; He provided just the right people, activities, discussions, events, and good weather. Pray for all, believers and unbelievers unlike, that we might live life to its fullest in Christ. Pray particularly for the young woman who desires to follow Christ because her family is very against it.
- Praise God for the ongoing Camp Monty ministry--this is its seventh year to be here in Niksic. Pray for the young people who will hear about God, for those speaking to share the fullness of the gospel and glory of Jesus Christ, for us who remain behind to continue to water seed that has been sown.
- Praise God for establishing His local church here and for the raising up of a new generation of leaders. Pray for Stan as he mentors the young men, and for the next generation of pastors, elders, and teachers here in Montenegro to ably and reverentially share the Word of God.
- Praise God for the many friends and saints who uphold us, Niksic, and Montenegro in prayer and practical support. Pray that we would not grow weary, which is always tempting as the busy summer season drives forward, and that God would call more people to Himself here--whether from the local population or saints from other lands.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2014/07/july-2014-mission-to-montenegro.html