Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 16 July 2013
July 2013 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will
believe in me through their message,
that all of them may be one, Father,
just as you are in me and I am in you. John 17:20, 21a
Great are your purposes and mighty are your deeds...
Highlights of the mighty deeds of the Lord this past month include:
- Another baptism! Miss O.S, a middle-aged lady, was baptized at the local lake in late June. It is wonderful to see the Lord adding both younger and older people to His body here in Niksic.
- A much-blessed Student Outreach English Camp with a record turnout. This is a three-week event for us, with one week devoted to preparation with the UCCF team, one week for camp, and one week for intense follow-up. We are especially excited that many of the young people at the camp were just as eager to receive and study God's Word as they were to participate in all the fun activities. We are also delighted that a number of students came to our Sunday services after the camp finished.
- The preaching of God's Word continues to be a mainstay of the ministry as "faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17. Stan has just finished two sermon series, one covering the book of I John, the other on I Cor. 13. For the upcoming morning worship services, he will be preaching through the book of Jonah, and in the evening, through II John.
- Camp Monty, the sports-centered outreach camp to the youth of Niksic, begins July 22. While we are not the main organizers of this evangelistic endeavor, our fellowship plays a supporting role through prayer, and most importantly, through follow-up.
- Our hospitality house ministry continues. When the UCCF team was here, we were 24 people living, working, and fellowshipping together. While that was the biggest expected group this summer, the comings and goings of believers and helpers continues; we were 14 at the Sunday lunch table this past Lord's Day...
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
- Praise God for the work He is doing in Miss O.S's life. Please pray for her continued growth and for God's light and grace to shine to her unbelieving, hostile-to-the-faith, family.
- Praise God for the His blessings on the student outreach camp. Please pray for those who sincerely desire to continue to study God's word and are experiencing, like the Ethopian eunuch, difficulty in understanding what they read. Pray for our continuing efforts to reach out and guide these young people, that we would not grow weary or caught up in everyday cares.
- Praise God for the freedom we have here to openly preach His word. Pray for Stan and his preparations each week as he proclaims God's truth to us from His holy word.
- Praise for the faithful efforts of Life Impact for Eternity and the many believers who make Camp Monty possible. Pray for the young people attending to be stirred and pricked in their hearts, that they might ask "How can we be saved?"
- Praise to God for the many people who come to Montenegro and Niksic to sow and water seeds of faith. Pray that God would give the increase.
Note: If you would like to receive this newsletter update directly, please subscribe at: http://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-2013-mission-to-montenegro.html