Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 July 2012
July 2012 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
For the Word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb.4:12
Many, O LORD my God, are your wonderful works...
We invite you to rejoice and give thanks with us for all the Lord is doing here in Niksic and in Montenegro.
- Ministry of the Word Stan has been preaching through the book of Daniel in the morning services, emphasizing the truths of God's sovereignty over the nations, the certainty of God's prophecies, and His ultimate Kingdom victory. In our evening services, Stan is preaching from I John 2, encouraging us in recognizing and overcoming the love of the world and knowing with assurance that we have eternal life.
- English Student Camp We've just wrapped up another successful English Student camp, an evangelistic camp targeted for university students. For the past few weeks, we hosted a great UCCF team from England who led the actual camp, leading the Bible studies and discussion groups from the book of Luke, planning the events and social activities, and generally witnessing as they engaged with the students. Please pray for continuing fruit from this outreach.
- Teen Camp and Camp Monty These will take place the last week of July. The teen camp is hosted directly by the church in Podgorica while Camp Monty is a sports-outreach camp right here in Niksic. We have supporting roles in each but are not the main organizers.
- One-on-One Bible Study Vicki is starting a one-on-one Bible Study with one of the young ladies in the fellowship, for mutual encouragement and discipleship. Please pray that we would dig deeply and rightly into the Word of Life.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- For the conversions and further sanctification of the students at the English Camp, particularly A, J, D (males), and A, J, M (females).
- For the Teen and Sports Camp being held at the end of this month. Many unbelievers will be attending, just for the fun of the activities, but God's Word is a powerful two-edged sword, so pray that God's Word would be boldly proclaimed and that hearts would respond.
- In God's wonderful providence, a number of young people who've visited in the past are interested in returning for longer periods of time. Right now, we are in the process of attempting to get a one-year visa for a young Danish woman who would like to come in September and stay for a year. Please pray that we will be able to smoothly get her a visa through our registration as a local church.
- For our family, as we prepare for Josiah to go off to university next month. In fact, next time I write, Stan and Josiah will be off to the US to take care of necessities before classes start...
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2012/07/july-2012-mission-to-montenegro.html