Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 18 June 2018
June 2018 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
12 The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree,
He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing. Ps. 92
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
We are now back in Nikšić enjoying sweet reunion with the saints, getting over jet lag, and looking forward to a busy season of camp outreaches.
While our time away was a bit physically taxing, we were wonderfully refreshed by all our visits: we greatly appreciated the keen interest, intelligent questions, fervent prayers, and practical help everywhere we went.
The past six weeks of our mini-furlough are well-summarized with this fun graphic:
A Few Other Highlights Include:
- For the first time ever, all of us missionaries overseen by Faith Community Church were together!
|Oxnard, Montenegro, Mozambique, India
- Much to our amazement and delight, despite our intense travels (during the last half, we were never in the same time zone more than 3 days straight), we stayed well and healthy—Thank you, Lord!
- Yesterday, at our evening service, Stan preached from Ps. 92, and at the conclusion of our service, we had a time for all to look back over the past 6 weeks to give thanks to the Lord and declare His great works. (Ps. 92: 2, 5).
|Sharing highlights after service
A great part of the blessing of our furlough was seeing Ps. 92: 12-14 in action:
- We were privileged to spend time with enthusiastic new-believers awashed in the wonders of God’s love and Christ’s sacrifice (v. 12),
- We were encouraged by faithful fellow sojourners and pastors to continue on steadfastly (vs. 13),
- We said good-bye to dear saints we don’t expect to see again in this life as they see the finish line to their lives on earth and yet are still running their race well (vs 14).
Soli Deo gloria! Join us in giving thanks for God's wonderful care of us, the fellowship here in Nikšić, and His working in the hearts of His people all over the world. Please pray for the upcoming summer outreaches. The first team arrives next week!
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2018/06/june-2018-mission-to-montenegro.html