Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 20 June 2013
June 2013 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts toward us
Cannot be recounted to You in order;
If I would declare and speak of them,
They are more than can be numbered. Ps. 40:5
Here are a few of the wonderful works God has done amongst us this past month:
- Mr. Lindsay Brown spent two days with us, encouraging and challenging believers to live as light and salt in a dark, decaying world at the All-Montenegro Believers Meeting. In a different ministry setting including a number of university students, he outlined how to have true joy in the Christian life which was well-received and stimulated some heartfelt conversations.
- With great joy, we celebrated the baptism of Andjela, a young lady who grew up in the fellowship, at our local lake. Friends and relatives joined us for an outdoor Lord's Day worship service followed by a BBQ and fellowship at our place.
- With sadness we said good-bye to Randi Pedersen as she returned to Denmark after 10 months with us here in Niksic. We were all encouraged by her cheerful ministry amongst us and trust the Lord will continue to bring forth good fruit from her labors.
- Summer ministry is in full swing with the arrival of Tanja and Rebekka, our Danish friends here for their third summer of ministry, and the anticipated coming of the UCCF team from the UK for our student outreach English camp.
Upcoming Ministry and Family News:
- We're having another baptism this Lord's Day! A woman, Miss O.S., who was introduced to our fellowship by our previous landlady, has been steadily growing in her faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ and His gift of salvation. She is eager to get baptized, especially after hearing and reading about Philip and the Ethiopian eunuch in the bible.
- Next week the UCCF team arrives for early preparations and relationship building before the Student English Camp officially begins on July 1. Pre-registration has been brisker than ever, thanks be to God.
- By God's good providence, we enjoyed a wonderful family vacation in the beautiful city of Prague, unhindered by the recent flooding. Thus the reason this newsletter is a bit later than usual. The Lord also blessed us with a good new friend, Peter G., who kindly watched over the house in our absence and is using his special welding skills in completing some finishing fence work around the property and instructing Josiah.
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
- Praise God for the growing fellowship with two new baptisms. Please pray for Andjela and Miss O.S., that they would continue to grow in their love and relationship with Jesus Christ as well as grow in their involvement with the community of believers.
- Praise for the high level of interest and commitment of young people in attending the summer English Student evangelistic camp. Pray for the UCCF team, our local participants, and especially for the seeking unbelievers, that God would orchestrate all plans, conversations, witnessing for His glory.
- Praise for the longer short-term workers here with us: Peter G., Tanja, and Rebekka. Pray for their strength, zeal, and wise use of gifts, practical and spiritual, during their time in Niksic.
- Praise for the good family vacation we were able to take before the busyness of summer ministry began in earnest. Pray for us, especially in regard to our hospitality ministry, as we will be hosting dozens of people for varying lengths of time all summer.
Note: If you would like to receive this newsletter update directly, please subscribe at: http://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2013/06/june-2013-mission-to-montenegro.html