Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 15 June 2012
June 2012 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
You make known to me the path of life;
in your presence there is fullness of joy;
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11
**This is the Lord's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.
This past month has been full with the regular ministry of the Word, weekly prayer meeting, and ongoing hospitality plus many new opportunities for witnessing, for encouraging young believers, for meeting with God's people from around the world. Highlights include:
- Visitations We visited and witnessed to the B family, having them over for a meal, and encouraged them in reading the Bible diligently and prayerfully. Also, the man (D.), who recently made a gate for us, asked to meet with Stan and to discuss the Bible and other Christian topics; their time together was fruitful.
- Student Outreach In late May, we enjoyed a couple of whirlwind, activity-filled days with a young college team from U of Georgia, reaching out to our local university students. In the following weeks, we helped host a "Tennis Table Tournament" at our house and 15 young men/students came to participate. Plenty of fun, good food, and conversation!
- Wedding! In early June, we traveled to Serbia to celebrate the marriage of N and J. Stan preached on the great Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Rev. 19), encouraging the believers to anticipate that wondrous event and calling the unbelievers to Christ himself.
- Summer Friends We gladly welcomed back our Danish daughters, Tanja and Rebekka, for the summer. They will be working primarily with our teens and helping out at camps.
- Mission Accomplished! We had the joy of seeing God's answered prayer through the McLaughlins: The primary building tasks were completed (without injury!) and the fellowship greatly encouraged through their loving practical ministry and wise words. Sadly, though, with Mission Accomplished!, we had to say good-bye to Richard, Julie, and Michael this past week.
- Possibilities This week we also met up with Sam. B, a Romanian living in the US, who works with an international missions agency to aid local churches with evangelism and follow-up discipleship, to discuss possibilities in how this organization might help in furthering the gospel here in Niksic.
With the arrival of Tanja and Rebekka, it seems summer has officially begun. We are looking forward to:
- The English UCCF Team They will be arriving on June 25 and will be with us here in Niksic until mid-July. They will be the main leaders of the evangelistic camp for university students, to be held the first week of July.
- The Teen Camp and Sports Camp These will both be held in late July, one in the local mountains, the other in the city.
- Ministry to the Coast With the arrival of summer, many of the students are headed to the coast in search of jobs. We plan to meet up with some of these students, especially JV, to encourage them in the Lord while away from the church body.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer Bulletin Points
- For D, the gate maker, who has honest questions about Christianity and the bible.
- For N+J, that their marriage would be a beautiful reflection of God's covenant love.
- For the camps: that the right young people would come, meet the Lord, and begin a new life in Christ. For those who are believers, to grow closer to the Lord and be encouraged to share their faith boldly.
- For summer time Student Ministry: That the leadership would find just the right ways to encourage, challenge, disciple those still in town as well as those who are away.
- With Josiah with us for only two more months, we are trying to take/make some quality family time and/or a getaway, but find it difficult with the busy camp schedule.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-2012-mission-to-montenegro.html