Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 18 April 2018
April 2018 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
John 17:20, 21
There is a time for everything under heaven, and spring is the time for Easter celebrations and the start of team outreaches. Here are a few highlights from the past month:
- For our Easter Service (April 8th), Stan preached from Luke 23:32ff, on Jesus and the two criminals on the cross, highlighting the truth that both criminals wanted to be saved: one, however, to get his old (sinful) life back, the other to be with Christ. And rather than have an evening service, we encouraged our people to enjoy an Easter dinner with family and friends which many did. We ourselves had full table, with folks from the church along with our Danish guests.
|Good Food, Good Fellowship on Easter Sunday!
- The Danish Bible School outreach to university students was much blessed! The week's events (Concert, Danish Corner, Danish Culture Night) led up to a Bible study and weekend retreat, all of which were well-attended. We especially rejoice over the many new people who are showing a serious interest in spiritual things.
|Danish Corner at University
|Farewell Night and Sharing the Good News
- On a less than glorious note, our church sign (repeatedly repaired/remade) continues to be vandalized, with a slight escalation in severity of damage. Even as we take comfort from Jesus's words In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world, we are contemplating next steps such as informing the police and/or installing a security camera.
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests
- Please pray for the regular ministries of the church: the preaching, teaching, visitations, mid-week prayer meeting, budding children's Sunday school, university student outreach&Bible study, and monthly Women's Meeting, as we devote ourselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
- Please pray for those who will be ministering in May during our mini-furlough, especially for Peter S, Danijel P, and Sasa O as they will lead and preach most Sundays.
- Please pray for much fruit from these past two weeks of university outreach with the Danish Bible School team, that students would continue to come and take advantage of the ongoing Bible Studies, the English Conversation Club, and even Sunday Worship services.
- Please pray for us as we prepare to be away, for timely completion of our responsibilities on this side of the Atlantic, for traveling mercies, and for good visits with churches, family, and friends. Soli Deo Gloria!
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2018/04/april-2018-mission-to-montenegro.html