Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 16 April 2013
April 2013 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
My beloved spoke, and said to me;
"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For lo, winter is past, the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come..."
There is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven
- It has been a quiet, pensive month for us believers here in Niksic. We've had many opportunities to "Trust in the Lord with all our hearts, and lean not unto our own understandings," as we've experienced yet another death of a loved one, continued serious illness, challenging economic situations, and personal struggles. We've been blessed with some good sermons on death in light of the hope of the gospel, plus a call to walk in unity as the body of Christ.
- Stan is away for the month of April, attending two conferences falling at the beginning and end of the month. In between, he is aiding Milijana as she decides which university she will attend this fall and with setting up such mundane things as a bank account. Praise God that we now have several men who can and are ably leading the Sunday and mid-week meetings.
- What about Easter? While we celebrated the Lord's Supper this past March 31st, we will celebrate the Lord's Resurrection on May 5, Orthodox Easter according to local custom. For many, the May 1st holidays will be combined with Easter holidays to make one big holiday week. We are expecting and praying for visitors that Sunday.
- While April has been a quiet month, May is shaping up to be the start of a very busy season: Easter celebration, a series of concerts given by a very talented musical couple from the States, all capped with our All-Montenegro Believer's Meeting. Beginning in early June, we will be hosting short-term mission teams and engaging in our annual evangelistic outreach camps.
- We thank God for the several universities that accepted Milijana and are continuing to pray for His leading. She will decide by May 1st which school she will attend.
- Many thanks to all who send the lovely cards of encouragement as well as to all our faithful prayer warriors. Truly, we do not fight against flesh and blood, but against the principalities of evil in the heavens.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
- Praise to our God for His peace that passes understanding. Please pray for those facing loss of loved ones, awaiting medical tests and biopsies, and economic difficulties.
- Praise for the excellent Samaritan's Purse conference that Stan was able to attend and for God's watching over all of us here still in Niksic. Please pray for the men leading here and for Stan and Milijana's travels.
- Praise for the wonderful opportunities to reach out and share the Good News of Jesus Christ and for those coming to help us do that. Pray for the Holy Spirit's leading and touching of people's hearts. And please pray and consider coming to join us. The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
- Praise for God's faithful leading of all our children as they approached their university years and moving away from home and country. Pray for Milijana's final decision that as she makes her plans that the Lord will lead her steps.
Note: If you would like to receive this newsletter update directly, please subscribe at: http://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2013/04/april-2013-mission-to-montenegro.html