Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 March 2018
March 2018 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
to spring forth before all the nations.
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
For behold, the winter is past...The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come. Oh, the joy of spring! The promise of God's triumphal reign! The privilege of serving our awesome Lord God! We are eager to share a few highlights since our last update:
- Our new monthly Women's Meeting continues to be blessed by the Lord. This past month we saw an increase with 8 women (ages 21-74!) attending for a morning of fellowship and encouragement along with a devotional on cultivating godly contentment. Please continue to pray for this ongoing event especially as we move into the busy season of Easter (April 8 here) and teams!
- A Confession of Faith with strong reformed and evangelical tenets has now been translated into Montenegrin. This Statement of Faith completes the first step in the formation of a Balkan Gospel Coalition. Please pray for the next step which is for the national leaders/pastors to work out and agree to the broader Confession of Faith to define the Balkan Gospel Coalition.
- On Sunday mornings, Stan is finishing up in Luke 21 with the Coming of the Son of Man. Also, in keeping with our commitment to develop the teaching&preaching gifts within the congregation, Saša recently took the pulpit and expounded from Phil. 2:18ff on how believers ought to live with one another, with Christ, and with the world. We were all much encouraged.
- Thank you to all who contacted us for an in-person update on the Mission to Montenegro work! We are happy to report that we are fully booked this spring. (However, if you do contact Stan now, we will add you to the already-begun "Churches and People To See" list for our next mini-furlough!) We are greatly looking forward to our face-to-face visits, that we might encourage one another and build one another up. I Thess. 5:11
- Sadly, our church sign has been vandalized (and repaired) three times now since Jan. 7 (Orthodox Christmas). Please join us in praying for wisdom in taking proper measures of protection of property as well as for the opportunity to do good to the perpetrators.
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests
- April promises to be a whirlwind month with our Easter Celebration and Outreach on the 8th, the two-week visit of the Danish Bible School seeking to minister to university students, the normal weekly/monthly life of the church, all happening amidst preparations for our upcoming Spring 2018 Mini-Furlough. Please pray that we would seek the Lord in all that we do (else we work in vain), and that God would grant much fruit from all our labors and rest as needed!
- Please pray for the next Balkan Gospel Coalition meeting which will be held in May. Unfortunately, Stan will not be able to attend. However, Danijel P. will be able to go in his stead. As the various nations are represented, please pray that God's will be done.
- Please pray for the ongoing ministry with young children. It is a delight to see how eager the children are to participate, and we long for them to fully know and grow in favor with God and man. Do continue to pray for Martina (and others), but also for a long-term, gifted individual/family with a heart to minister to children (within both the church and in our wider Nikšić community).
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support in this great work of God,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2018/03/march-2018-mission-to-montenegro.html