Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 17 February 2020
February 2020 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
For the word of God is living and active,
sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing to the division of soul and of spirit,
of joints and of marrow,
and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Grace and Peace to you in the name of God our Father!
This has been a quiet month as the flu swept through our household (and much of the church) these past weeks. We are on a definite upswing, thanks be to God, and looking forward to a busy month ahead!
- In our morning service, Stan is currently preaching through Exodus 20 where God gives His law to His already-saved-through-grace people. In the evening, in Hebrews 4&5, we've been looking at Jesus, our great High Priest, who knows us and has compassion for us and from whom we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- Last month we welcomed Kristina from Denmark who will be here in Nikšić until June. She is working for the EUS-CG Student Ministry as well as being an active member of the church. We are delighted she is with us!
Upcoming Ministry and Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for the regular ministry of the Word as Stan (and others) preach and teach throughout the week at church, at Bible Studies, and while visiting in the community. May hearts be quickened and lives changed to the glory of God.
- Please pray for our first Ladies' Meeting of the year, to be held this Saturday, Feb. 22. Along with encouraging fellowship, there will be a devotional on The Loveliness of Christ. Please pray for a good turnout of women and that Christ may make Himself known.
- In early March, we will be hosting a team from the Danish KFS Bible School. Please pray for a fruitful ministry at the university.
- In April and May, we will be welcoming a church team from Georgia as well as celebrating Easter, meeting up with old friends, and hosting the All-Montenegro Believer's Meeting. In June and July, Stan will be mentoring Benjamin, a pastoral-studies intern, plus we will be hosting the UCCF team from England as well as participating in the annual Camp Monty sports camp held every year here in Nikšić. Please pray as we begin/continue with the logistics of making these events happen, for God's leading and wisdom, and for God's church to grow!
- As many of you have seen, there have been ongoing protests regarding the recently passed Religion Law. While we are not particularly impacted by the law or protests, please join us in praying for continued peace, for justice to be done, and for people to be spurred to not merely come to church activities connected with the protests but to come to Christ. Note: if anyone wants more information regarding the law and protests, please write to Stan directly.
With great love and appreciation for your ongoing prayers and support,
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
PS. Thank you to all who generously give financial support to this work; we finished 2019 in the black. Soli Deo gloria!
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2020/02/february-2020-mission-to-montenegro.html