Mission to Montenegro newsletter
Blog entry for 18 February 2014
February 2014 Mission to Montenegro Newsletter
Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3: 22-23
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him...
Highlights of God's good work amongst us:
|Debora and Karen
- We've much enjoyed the fellowship and ministry of the Brazilians, Karen and Debora, who've been with us for the past month. We will be sorry to see them leave this week. They've kept busy reaching out to university students, hosting a Brazilian night, leading a young women's Bible study, and treating us to some delicious Brazilian food.
|Brazilian Night Outreach
- In the ministry of the Word, Stan is continuing to preach through Nehemiah in the morning service, and has begun a new book series in the evening, covering the Gospel of Luke. One recent message from Nehemiah explored the glorious truth: "The joy of the Lord is our strength." Neh. 8:10
- The first of the twelve week Children's Outreach program took place this last Lord's Day! The children who came were eager and interested. Please continue to pray for this ministry, for Jelena V. and helpers as she plans lessons for the children whose abilities range from early elementary to junior high.
- Along with the joy of seeing the congregation slowly growing (along with V's extended family, we've recently seen the steady attendance of two men who are relatively new to the faith and church life, having become believers through a Christian rehab center in Croatia), come new challenges: more counseling, more teaching, more visitations, more relationships to develop.
- We are planning to take a short furlough this coming late fall/early winter. With all our children stateside now, it makes sense for us to come more often (every year or two, instead of every three or four) for a shorter period of time. If you would like us to visit, please contact Stan.
- We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary this month. May the Lord grant us another three decades together!
Stan and Vicki Surbatovich
Mission to Montenegro
Prayer and Praise Bulletin Points:
- Praise for the encouraging work of Karen and Debora amongst the young people here. Please pray for all the ongoing ministries: the weekly worship services, mid-week prayer meeting, college Bible study, new children's ministry, and one-on-one mentoring. May God give the increase.
- Praise for the new people who are regularly attending. Please pray that each would grow in their faith, love, and knowledge of Jesus Christ. And pray for us who are further in our pilgrimage that we would warmly and wisely welcome these new believers into our church family.
- Praise for God's material goodness to us all and our current good health. Even so, please pray for those (men especially) who are seeking steady employment in order to provide for their families. The economic outlook in Nikšič continues to be quite bleak.
- Praise for all the upcoming events: conferences in the spring, the evangelistic outreach camps in summer, our furlough in fall, and visitors throughout the year. Please pray for us that we might rightly spend our time, energy, and financial resources on these opportunities.
Original link: https://christianitymontenegro.blogspot.com/2014/02/february-2014-mission-to-montenegro.html